It's strange how as a librarian I am ready to embrace new technologies and yet as a blogger I am afraid that if I alter something, I will lose all of my content / bookmarks etc.
My fears were unfounded. Thanks to the lovely Jesse and Sophie for the push I needed to fix the browser issue.
I went to #LTF12 for just the Saturday because it's half term and I have had many other things to do. I kind of wish that I did stay the whole weekend but I feel like I've had time today to make plans based on what I've learnt or had refreshed about being a School Librarian. Meeting people who do your job is so valuable. I wish I could connect with more Prep School Librarians. If you're out there, get in touch.
I am going to:
- Implement literacy tracking for Years 3 and 7 when they join us in September
- Discuss with Senior Management the possibility of having parent drop in sessions calendared throughout the academic year to offer knowledge / support
- Move ahead with enrolling parents as library borrowers
- Contact local public libraries and open the lines of communication about how we can work together
- Discuss intervention strategies with Senior Management and Learning Support
I'm also going to read more professional literature. I'm going to start here:
What I'll be doing next week:
- Knitting Club
- Making Beaded Necklaces at lunch time
- Speaking at Nursery Parents' Induction Evening
- Book buying at Peters
- Writing a piece for the School Magazine
- All the usual day to day stuff
Thanks to the organisers of #LTF12, the publishers, the authors and my fellow librarians for an inspirational experience as always.