It's nearly the end of 2012 and so I'm thinking about my reading over the year. There was a definite decrease in the number of books I read.
Anyway, here are my favourites from 2012 and the annual survey from Jamie at
The Perpetual Page Turner http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/category/end-of-year-book-survey
1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Heir of Night by Helen Lowe
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
The Black Magician series by Trudi Canavan
6. Favourite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Katie McGarry and Gabrielle Zevin
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
NYPD Red (my first adult crime novel... but it was by James Patterson and I am a fan of Maximum Ride)
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Not sure I'll be re-reading any of them. So many books, so little time.
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2012?
I actually don't have one.
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Akkarin (The High Lord)
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
I really can't think of one off the top of my head.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest book: Digging in the Dark by Hilda Offen
Longest book: The High Lord by Trudi Canavan
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - loved this book and couldn't wait to talk about it
18. Favourite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Nastasya and Reyn (Immortal Beloved series)
19. Favourite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally