- Walker Books have officially launched their new UNDERCOVER imprint and have a cool new blog which talks about their exciting new titles. Be sure to stop by and check it out.
- ATOM have a once in a lifetime contest to meet Stephanie Meyer. So all you Edward/ Jacob fans should visit her UK site to find out more.
- UK book bloggers who have a little addiction to contests should put this blog on their radar. The lovely Jodie and friends are working hard to list all contests open to UK entrants @ UK Book Giveaways.
- Four fab YA British writers have started a team crime reads blog. Check out Keren David, Gillian Philip, Anne Cassidy and Linda Strachan blogging about new books, crime related posts and generally being awesome @ Crime Reading.
- I went to the shops and bought this book completely on impulse: Prisoners in the Palace by Michaela MacColl.
London, 1838. Sixteen-year-old Liza's dreams of her society debut are dashed when her parents are killed in an accident. Penniless, she accepts the position of lady's maid to young Princess Victoria and steps unwittingly into the gossipy intrigue of the servant's world below-stairs as well as the trickery above. Is it possible that her changing circumstances may offer Liza the chance to determine her own fate, find true love, and secure the throne for her future queen?
And the cover:
I have never seen a popart cover for a historical novel before. I think it is so cool. The front is all foil effect. The back has a glossy finish.
Any one read it?