Actually, I have no idea how I should mark this milestone. So I'm just going to pick out some highlights.
These are some of my favourite things that have happened over the last year:
- Reading Perfect Chemistry and finding out that my favourite book was a ROMANCE and the ensuing obsession with one Mexican badass. Let it be known that I did not read contemporary romances before I became a blogger (unless they were in some way related to fantasy or the paranormal).
- Writing my review of Swoon (the Marmite book) and the still ongoing debate between the haters and the lovers. Tastes are a bizarre and fascinating thing!
- Interviewing Ebony McKenna in person for Egmont Books. That was an absolute privilege!
- The explosion of angel books that is happening in the YA world. For an angel fanatic this is like growing your own set of wings and waking up to look in the mirror and find out you have the prettiest halo this side of Heaven.
- Adding these amazing writers to my list of favourites authors: Keren David, Gillian Phillip, Jaclyn Moriarty, Tabitha Suzuma
- Making some wonderful online friends and then meeting them and finding out they are even more amazing and fun than I could have ever possibly imagined. Sammee, Lauren, Lynsey, Jo, Sophie, Jessica, Liz, Jenny and Carla, I am looking at you. Oh and I must not forget our 2011 debut authors Cat Clarke and Kaz Mahoney.
- Making international online friends and learning about books that I might not ever have heard of. I adore Christina, Irena, Audrey and Juju! Thanks you guys!
- The constant encouragment from writers (published or otherwise) to keep writing and be proud of it.
- Being able to rave about the great books I've been reading.
- But my absolute favourite thing that has happened because of blogging has to be meeting Caroline from Portrait of a Woman and the friendship that we share. Caroline (this is exceedingly soppy but hey) thanks for the brownies, the laughs and all the writing talk which as you know is often encrypted but you listen and share just the same.
And now, for one day only, I am opening up the floor. Do you have a burning question you wish to ask The Bookette? Now is your chance! Maybe you've just started a blog and you need some advice...ask away. Maybe you have a secret desire to know whether I am a morning or an evening person...
I don't know! But people do wonder weird things. I know this because I do. So if you do have a question, leave it in the comments and unless it is something downright stalkerish, I will answer.
Happy First Blogoversary to The Bookette. (Oh yeah, that's me!) I love you guys!